Assistant – Educator at the Brijuni Bat Nights
Bats don’t get tangled in people’s hair – surely you must know this! But you may not know that they are among the most endangered animal species. Join us on Brijuni where as many as 14 species of these animals have found their sanctuary. Learn something new, have fun and contribute to rescuing and protecting them. You will help us prepare the programme, educational material, games and promote the traditional Brijuni “Bat nights” during which you will inform and educate visitors about their importance for the ecosystem stability, as well as the dangers facing them.
Come and help us care for these tiny, likeable and useful flyers!
Duties and responsibilities
– carry out educational activities during the celebration of the International Bat Night
– participate in preparing the programme – help come up with and make educational games
– participate in setting up educational spots at the center of Veliki Brijun
– raise public awareness of the importance of protecting nature and the environment
– inform Park visitors about the problems in nature
Number of positions
From 30st August to 2rd of September (during the preparation period and celebration of the International Bat Night)
The following schedule is: on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 3 pm and on Saturday, the day of the celebration from 11 am to 11 pm.
– communication skills
– interest and aptitude for protecting nature
– open to working with children
Candidates who speak and understand Croatian will be considered first.
Volunteering with a disability
Work can be adjusted to suit people with disabilities (contact the volunteer manager)
The Brijuni National Park, on the island of Veliki Brijun (in the offices of the Park Rangers and in the centre of the Park in the open)
Accommodation is not provided. Volunteers have to arrange their own housing.
One daily meal is ensured at the Park’s worker’s restaurant of the Park on Veliki Brijun.
Transportation by boat from Fažana to the island of Veliki Brijun is provided by the Brijuni National Park.
– rent a bike and ride around the Park
– rent golf equipment and try out golfing on the unique, natural golf course dating back to 1922
– visit the Brijuni Safari Park and Ethno park
– swim in the sea, free dive or relax in the quiet beaches of Brijuni
– visit the museum of Brijuni
– explore the island of Veliki Brijun and parts that are rarely visited by tourists
– see the dinosaur sculpture and search for trails it left 125 million years ago
– visit Pula (7km from Fažana where the entrance to the Nation Park is): visit the amphitheatre
– visit Rovinj (30 km from Fažana) – for many the most romantic city in the Mediterranean
Why volunteer at our Park
– to participate in our volunteer programmes which will help you gain new personal and professional experiences
– because time spent in the fresh air, away from the hustle and bustle, is good for your health!
– to participate in making positive changes in preserving nature and to do good for our planet
– to improve your communication skills
– to meet new people and gain new friendships
– to learn about the values of the National Park and managment of protected areas
– to enjoy nature, sun and sea, to relax on the peaceful beaches of Brijuni and engage in various sports activities
– to see the secluted parts of Veliki Brijun and learn about the interesting history of the islands of Brijuni
– to have fun!
Contact Alena Sprčić, our volunteer coordinator at the Brijuni National Park, by filling out the form before 30 July 2017. Alena will contact you with further information or register you as a volunteer if you are interested (and if there are positions available)!