Educational creative assistant in Krka NP
Educational creative assistant
The program is designed with the aim of creating educational workshops on content related to protected areas and nature protection for third graders and fourth graders, with appropriate conditions adapted to learning and teaching indoors and outdoors. Development of natural science and ecological literacy, and development of empathy towards nature as well as its protection through the homeland principle.
What does a educational creative assistant in Krka NP do?
- touring educational hiking trails, documenting trails (rest stations, games, educational facilities…), brainstorming – making a mind map for the implementation of the program,
- designing creative educational programs (two-hour program of the School in Nature for children aged 9-10 or younger),
- study visit to the Argonaut Association (Murter),
- designing an educational workshop – Forest Workshop Stinice-Lugareva Kuća (Forest ranger’s house),
- designing and creating Team building and creative posters,
- introduction to the pedagogical concept and educational programs in protected areas, realized / simulated workshop according to the principles of forest pedagogy,
- preparation of PPT presentations as a report of the implemented volunteer program, and
- presentation and performance of the program (Eco Campus Puljane – educational hiking trail).
How many volunteers are needed?
When can you volunteer?
From September to October.
What are the working hours of volunteers?
Four and eight hours a day, between 9:00. and 17:00.
What qualifications should a volunteer have?
- students of teacher education programs, the Faculty of Forestry,
- students of the Faculty of Science (biology, physics),
- computer literacy,
- Class “B” driver’s license,
- preference for spending time in nature,
- teamwork and people skills, and
- expressed communication skills.
What languages the volunteer needs to know?
Mandatory knowledge of Croatian and English. Knowledge of another world language is welcome. Volunteers from foreign countries can volunteer only if they can understand and speak English.
Possibility of volunteering for disabled people
Due to the natural configuration of the terrain, the workplace is not suitable for people with disabilities.
Where volunteers work?
Volunteers will perform activities at pre-determined locations of the Park: Skradinski Buk and Roški Slap waterfalls, Laškovica, Burnum, Manojlovac and the Krka Eco Campus in Puljane.
The accommodation is provided at the volunteer centre in the Krka Eco Campus in Puljane. The campus is located 53 km from Šibenik, 23 km from Knin, 21 km from Drniš and 7 km from Oklaj.
Meals provided (two meals a day).
Local transportation within the Park is provided – the Park will provide transportation of volunteers from the place of their accommodation within the Park to the location of the volunteer activities.
What can volunteers do when they are not volunteering?
- visit hiking trails in Krka NP,
- explore the local environment and cultural and historical sites, and
- use social facilities on campus.
Why volunteer in Krka National Park?
- to gain new experiences, strengthen communication skills and improve professional knowledge,
- to meet visitors, locals and the Public Institution, make new friends and expand the social network,
- to improve knowledge of foreign languages,
- to learn about the local community and develop new ideas and partnerships,
- to collaborate with the staff of the Public Institution and learn about the management of the protected area, and
- to enjoy nature or engage in sports activities.