Informer – interviewer
Dear volunteers, we need your help in the info center of the Papuk Nature Park at the Jankovac Eco point. We wish to provide our visitors with update information regarding what the Park has to offer, its natural and geological heritage and ways of responsible behaviour and rapport with nature. Not only will volunteers inform visitors, they will also interview them. On the basis of the data collected, we will improve the quality and selection of content and services at our disposal and enhance the level of protection of nature in the Park.
Join us and help us make the visit to the Papuk Nature Park even more enjoyable!
Duties and responsibilities
– inform visitors of the natural, geological and cultural heritage and the Park’s rules and regulations
– interview visitors regarding the content quality of the Jankovac Eco point and in general about the Park
– help employees guide visitors, especially along the educational trails for people with disabilities
– contribute to the protection and system development of visiting the Papuk Nature Park
Number of positions
During May and June, minimum volunteering time is 2 weeks.
6 hours a day, 5 days a week including Saturday and Sunday when the Park has the most visitors.
– communication skills
– willingness to learn
– team work skills
– open to spending time outdoors
Croatian. The position is not suitable for foreigners because volunteers will need to provide information to domestic visitors and communicate with the local community.
Volunteering with a disability
The programme is suitable for people with mild forms of disabilities which do not prevent them from doing the above mentioned duties.
On the Jankovac park-forest territory, on the location of the Jankovac Eco spot, the recently renewed info-centre of the Papuk Nature Park.
Accommodation, a room with three beds, a shower and a toilet, is provided at the Park administration building located in Velika.
Each volunteer is ensured a 30 kuna allowance for food. They also have at their disposal a tea kitchen in the Jankovac Eco spot and in the Park administration building in Velika.
Local transportation within the Park for volunteers and their grocery shopping is ensured by the Park staff. Public transport and arrival to the Park expenses are not covered.
– take a 20 km train ride to Požega
– enjoy the local cuisine (restaurants, cafés) in Velika
– visit the famous Kutjevo Wine cellar built by the Cistercians upon their arrival here in 1232
– explore the various mountain trails
Why volunteer at our Park
– to gain new experiences and strengthen your communication skills
– to meet visitors, the local inhabitants and the Public Service, gain new friendships and expand your social network
– to improve your knowledge of foreign languages
– to meet the local community, come up with new business ideas and make new friendships
– to cooperate with the Guardians of Nature and learn about the management of protected areas
– to enjoy nature and engage in different sports activities
Contact Goran Pavić, our expert advisor-geologist at the Papuk Nature Park by filling out the form. Goran will contact you with further information or register you as a volunteer if you are interested (and if there are positions available)!