Come to the Telašćica Nature Park on Dugi otok and help us educate and inform our visitors of the value and uniqueness of the local plant and animal species.
No expert knowledge is needed for this position – only your good will and desire to set an example regarding the importance of caring about the natural riches of our country.
Duties and responsibilities
– inform visitors of the values of the Park
– inform visitors of the rules of behavior inside the Park
– provide information and instructions on how to reach a certain location of interest within the Park: phenomenon, archeological locations, foot paths, diving locations, swimming, etc.
– inform visitors of the tangible and intangible cultural heritage
Number of positions
From June to September.
Four hours a day (from Monday to Saturday), from 11 am to 3 pm. Minimum volunteering period is 15 days, and maximum is 2 months.
– good communication skills, creativity and openness
– comfortable with field work
– be clear and precise in providing information
– good knowledge of languages (mother tongue and foreign language)
Croatian or English (excellent knowledge of English). Volunteers should also speak another foreign language, preferably Italian. Volunteers from foreign countries must have a high level of English in order to provide foreign visitors with information but also to communicate with the Park staff and other volunteers. They must also speak another foreign language (preferably Italian).
Volunteering with a disability
The volunteer position is not suitable for people with disabilities due to field work and lack of adequate housing.
Volunteers will work at the „Info desk “at Mir Cove and, when necessary, within the Park location.
Accommodation is provided and is free of charge. Volunteers will be housed in a common dormitory (each with two beds). The sanitary block and the Park restaurant are about 20 meters from the dormitory.
Food is provided free of charge. It includes two meals a day in the official Park restaurant.
Local transportation within the Park is provided – the Park will ensure transportation from the volunteers’ housing within the Park to the work place. Travel expenses of arrival to and departure from the Park have to be arranged by the volunteers themselves.
– rent a bicycle, scooter, boat, etc. and visit the surrounding and wider area of the Park and Dugi otok
– enjoy the local cuisine in restaurants, taverns and cafés in the nearby Sali (7 km from the housing)
– the Park itself has several restaurants, cycling lanes and foot paths, pebbled and sandy beaches where volunteers can spend their free time
Why volunteer at our Park
– to gain new experiences and strengthen communication skills
– to meet visitors, the local inhabitants and the Public Service and gain new friendships and expand your social network
– to improve your knowledge of foreign languages
– to meet the local community, come up with new business ideas and make new friendships
– to cooperate with the Guardians of Nature and learn about the management of protected areas
– to enjoy nature, the sun and sea, relax on the beaches and engage in different sports activities
Contact Danijel Milić, our land resources advisor by filling out the form. Danijel will contact you with further information or register you as a volunteer if you are interested (and if there are positions available)!