We need you to help us interview visitors of the Mljet National Park whose impressions, opinions and suggestions would guide us towards improving the quality and selection of activities and protect nature better. Come and help us make their stay on Mljet a pleasant one. Your contribution will make our visitors’ stay a safer and more pleasant one, and ensure better protection of nature.
Duties and responsibilities
– conduct interviews with visitors in specified locations
– collect data by interviewing visitors
– make sure all the questionnaires are completed correctly
– keep a record of the number of distributed and completed questionnaires on a daily basis
– based on the data collected, provide useful insight into new ways of improving customer service and protecting nature
Number of positions
2 to 4
Six hours a week, six hours a day.
– communication skills
– aptitude for teamwork
English is obligatory. An additional advantage is speaking Croatian, Italian, Spanish or French so the volunteers can carry out their assignments efficiently. English is obligatory for foreign volunteers so that they can communicate with the Park staff and other employees.
Volunteering with a disability
The volunteering position is not suitable for people with disabilities.
Within the area of the Park. The exact locations will be determined on the basis of daily schedules decided by the Park representatives.
Accommodation is provided free of charge. Volunteers will be housed in the building Kulijer in the owned by the Park. Rooms with three and more beds, including a bathroom and a common kitchen are available. Several restaurants and two stores are also open during the summer.
Food is provided free of charge. The Park staff will purchase and deliver groceries for volunteers to prepare themselves. Alternatively, they will be provided with a free meal at the local hotel.
Local transportation within the Park is ensured. Travel costs of arrival to and departure from the Park have to be arranged by the volunteers themselves.
– go mountaineering, walk or ride bicycles on over 40 km of marked lanes
– rent kayaks, canoes, and paddle in the lakes
– dive alone or under the watchful eye of a diving instructor in Pomena
– rent a scooter or a car in Polače and see the rest of the island and its sights
– rest and spend time with other colleagues, the Park staff and visitors of the island and the Park in numerous restaurants and taverns which offer local cuisine
Why volunteer at our Park
– to gain new experiences and strengthen your communication skills
– to meet visitors, the local inhabitants, the Public Service and its employees and expand your social network
– to participate in outdoor activities in a unique surrounding
– to cooperate with the Park’s employees (the Guardians of Nature, informers, tour guides) and learn about the management of protected areas
– to enjoy nature, sun and sea, relax on the beach and engage in various sports activities such as swimming, cycling, rowing, running, mountaineering…
Contact Damjan Aljinović, our expert associate and head of recreation at the Mljet Nature Park. All you need to do is fill out the form. Damjan will contact you with further information or register you as a volunteer if you are interested (and if there are positions available)!