Do you like working with people? Are you communicative and like spending time outdoors? Do you speak English? If your answer is yes, then join Krka National Park – and become part of the volunteer programme. Our objective is to interview visitors and on the basis of the data collected, improve communication, offer and ensure more interesting activities and protection strategies for Krka National Park.
Duties and responsibilities
– interview visitors using prepared questionnaires
– place the completed questionnaires in the designated areas
– submit daily reports to the supervisor regarding the number of visitors interviewed
– process and enter data into the given forms
– contribute to improving the Park service and thus contribute to protecting and preserving nature
Number of positions
Up to 5
From July to September
Between 4 to 8 hours a day, from 9 am to 5 pm, five days a week (between Monday and Sunday).
– good knowledge of English
– computer literacy
– a completed secondary education (at least)
– love spending time outdoors
– teamwork skills
– kindness, eloquence and excellent communication skills
Croatian and English are obligatory.
Volunteering with a disability
The volunteering position is not suitable for people with disabilities.
In the area of Skradinski Buk and Roški Slap
Accommodation is provided by the Park.
Overnight stay and breakfast in hotel or hostel including lunch.
he Park provides for transportation from the hotel (“Vrata Krke” Lozovac), Šibenik, Ražin, Skradin, Konjevrata and Lozovac. Travel cost of arrival to the wider area of the Park and departure are covered by the volunteers themselves.
– rent bicycles and ride to and around the waterfalls (a 5 km lane)
– swim on the local beaches
– enjoy local cuisine (the Skradin cake, the Skradin risotto, prosciutto…)
– enjoy evenings out in nearby towns (Šibenik, Primošten, Vodice, Rogoznica,…)
– swim on nearby beaches (Šibenik, Solaris, Brodarica, Vodice, Zablaće,…)
– explore the Park and surrounding places
Why volunteer at our Park
– to gain new experiences and strengthen your communication skills and enhance your professional knowledge
– to meet visitors, the local inhabitants, the Public Service, make new friendships and expand your social network
– to hear legends and stories about Krka
– to improve your knowledge of foreign languages
– to meet the local community, come up with new ideas and make new friendships
– to cooperate with the staff of the Public Service and learn about the management of protected areas
– to enjoy nature and engage in different sports activities
– while walking through the Park you will see shelters of the Paleolithic man who used to live here, the roads of Roman soldiers, paths of famous Croatian medieval noblemen, Winnetou canyon – the famous Indian chief from the Karl Mayer stories – you will form an unbreakable bond with this world and its history
Contact Marin Malenica, assistant to the Park director by filling out the form. Marin will contact you with further information or register you as a volunteer if you are interested (and if there are positions available)!