The Medvednica Interviewer
Join our volunteers at the Medvednica Nature Park and become a Medvednicainterviewer – an interviewer of the Nature park Medvednicavisitors! You will help us research visitor’s structure and attitudes and improve our system of monitoring and communicating with visitors thus, making all the visitors of Medvednica Nature Park feel more satisfied.
Duties and responsibilities
– interview visitors of the Medvednica Nature Park
– deliver completed surveys to the designated areas
– provide the leader with the information on the number of surveys completed
– process and enter data in the appropriate table
Number of positions
7 to 10
From April to November.
During the week six hours per day for two day period from 9:00 am till 3:00 pm.
Saturdays and Sundays, six hours from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm (the most frequent locations in Nature park Medvednica)
– computer literacy
– at least a completed secondary education
– love spending time outdoors
– a team player and sociable
– kind, eloquent with excellent communication skills
– physically fit – comfortable with shorter walks
– knowledge of the English language
Considering the fact that the majority of the Park visitors in September and October are domestic, the volunteering of foreign interviewers does not fit into the job description – unless they speak and understand Croatian well and are willing to arrange their own housing.
Volunteering with a disability
The volunteering position is not suitable for people with disabilities.
Accommodation is not provided and volunteers will need to arrange their own housing.
Food is not provided and volunteers will need to arrange their own meals.
Transport to the Park center and volunteering location (the Veternica Cave) is ensured by the official Park vehicle. Volunteers have to arrange the return to their housing.
– enjoy walks in the natural and well-preserved woods which cover over 80% of the Park area
– hike on some of the 72 hiking trails of various difficulties and varied landscapes
– ride on 8 circular cycling routes
– walk along educational trails and the Bliznec forest road which is suitable for people with disabilities, for those not willing to walk buses have easy access to the area
– have a bite to eat and rest in one of the mountain lodges, hospitality facilities or stay at one of two hotels (for those who wish to stay longer)
– in the winter you can ski on the route where the Snow Queen Trophy race takes place (route made famous by Janica and Ivica Kostelić)
– visit the main tourist attractions of Medvednica: the Veternica cave, the Zrinski mine, and Medvedgrad
– attend Medieval Days on Medvednica which takes place in September of each year
Why volunteer at our Park
– by volunteering on Medvednica you will familiarize yourself with a wide range of cave visitors and based on their experiences and satisfaction contribute significantly to the quality of the presentation of the natural riches of Veternica
– to enhance communication skills and familiarize yourself with the structure of the visitors of the Park and the work of the Public Service
– by spending time outdoors and actively taking part in various aspects of working in the Public Service you will give your contribution to protecting and preserving Medvednica
Due to the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, applications to the volunteer program are currently not possible.
Contact Andreu Kostelić, the head of the department of the promotion, education, and interpretation department at the Medvednica Nature Park by filling in the form. Andrea, Sanja, or Denis will contact you with further information or apply you for volunteering if you are interested (and if there are positions available)!